Book our Water Tank Cleaning service here
Water Tank Cleaning
Plus Point has been specializing in one of the finest water tank cleaning services in Dubai. We have a dedicated team on board that is well versed with the specifics of cleaning the tank meticulously. We make it a point to use the best cleaning agents that will strip the tanks of all harmful bacteria and germs and render the water safe and fit for drinking.
When water tanks are not cleaned at periodic intervals, it is likely to contaminate the water present in them. The impurities tend to settle at the bottom and if they are too strong, they may also corrode the surface of the tank. At the same time, when a tank keeps on depositing water and it isn’t cleaned periodically, it may start to emit a foul smell owing to the presence of fungi or even algae.
WHY CHOOSE PLUSPOINT?
We are an approved cleaning service team in Dubai. We provide the most reliable facilities management solutions
We have fully equipped professional cleaning staff and identifying and implementing new cleaning solutions across our business.
Deep cleaning and disinfection of your water tank, and also we assure the best customer service to our clients
Water Tank Cleaning Services Company in Dubai
Regardless of the kind of impurity that may be present, a thorough water tank cleaning is imperative for the sake of maintaining the necessary hygiene and safety standards. We have plenty of experience in all kinds of water tank cleaning and our team makes use of state-of-art equipment and advanced technological methods for reaching out at the base and cleaning it with precision.
Commercial Water Tank Cleaning Services
Different kinds of environment-friendly chemicals are readily available in the market. We make it a point to ensure that we pick the best of eco-friendly stuff so that our activities don’t end up damaging the environment in any manner whatsoever. Along with this, we also disinfect it completely after cleaning so that no traces of cleaning chemicals are left behind. If such chemicals mix with water, it may be rendered unfit for drinking purposes. So, we leave no stone unturned to ensure the best cleaning results.
Method of Tank Cleaning
Even if DEWA water is considered safe for human use, a soiled storage tank does not mean clean or freshwater is received. It is not the case that a filter system is designed to protect you from problems of health due to the drinking of polluted water. In addition, filtered water is not used as well. With filtered water, you can cook and drink water, but do not bathe or brush your children’s teeth.
Regular water tank cleaning services in Dubai are required for business and residential water tanks. Contaminated water can damage health in storage tanks.
Human health has been negatively impacted by the ingestion of unclean or polluted water. Waterborne diseases have raised the number of medical cases today, while food poisoning has taken a back seat. This is because the appearance and smell of the food can be used to assess its consistency, which cannot be done with water.
Following is the some methods described for water tank cleaning:
- When it comes to cleaning and inspecting tanks, many utilities rely on pressure washing. Ground contaminates and biofilms can be removed with pressure washing, but scale and attachment points for new biofilms cannot be removed. The cost of pressure washing is equivalent to the cost of chemically cleaning tanks, but the quality of the results is considerably lower. Shortly after cleaning, biofilm and scale growth may reappear, and chlorine demand will rise.
- A dosage pump, normally air-driven, injects the cleaning chemical into the washing water through a fitting connected to the deck’s washing tubing. The cleaning chemical is often applied to the suction surface of the washing water pump, obviating the need for a dosage pump. However, in the latter case, the dose becomes less precise, and the process becomes more cumbersome.
Cleaning chemicals are often added directly to the washing water, but this results in high chemical consumption and insufficient cleaning results. Washing for 1-2 hours is normally recommended. Depending on the substance to be loaded, the final rinsing would be sea or freshwater.
- Recirculation of the washing water is another method of water tank cleaning services in Dubai. For recirculation washing water, a mixture of 5-50 tons of warm water and the recommended quantity of chemicals shall be produced in a cargo tank, sloping tank, or cabinet, or special tank. The cleaning chemicals are better utilized.
Additional heating of water can be done through heating rolls. The washing line on the deck and then the washing machines can be washed with a cargo pump. The water reverts with a new pump or removal pump to the containment tank where the waste can be removed by carefully pulling the water off the ground.
Washing can be done only if the tank atmosphere is far below the LEL (lower explosive limit). Test when you are doing the cleaning! If the cargo vapor concentration is higher than the LEL, washing should be performed in an inert gas atmosphere. According to some reports, polluted washing water may trigger incendiary static electricity sparks. It specifically applies to recirculation washing.
Both types of cleaning chemicals may be used with the recirculation process. One benefit is that major components of the piping system can be conveniently integrated into the cleaning circuit. Remember to deck crossovers and risers! Finally, a sea or freshwater rinse is performed.
- For water tank cleaning in Dubai, a floating system is often employed. This method is used for final cleaning to ensure high cleanliness after heavier hydrocarbons such as lubricating oils and before loading hydrocarbon-sensitive materials such as methanol. Only after cleaning with chemicals should the float method be used. The method is very efficient, but it is less efficient if cargo residue is significantly thick on the tank walls.
The tank is filled with a solid, waterproof solvent, which is also reasonably cheap, to a level of 0, 4-0, 8 m from the base. Normally, toluene is used. The toluene is then steadily elevated above the water level in the tank. The water is slowly drained once the tank has been filled. Then, transfer the top layer of toluene to the next tank and repeat the process. Depending on the degree of contaminants on the tank walls, filling and drainage are subject to a level change of 0, 5 – 2, 0 m/h.
While this floatation approach is widely used, there have been recommendations that it can pose a risk of static electricity charges in the interface between the two liquids. Pump slowly to avoid exceeding I m/s in the filling vessel. The procedure should be carried out with the tank inert if possible.
- After cleaning with a cleaning product, steaming with a solvent can also be done as a final purification process. The technique is very effective if the last traces of a previous cargo are removed.
Add a non-water-soluble solvent, such as toluene or xylene, to the tank until it is just above the heating coils. The solvent vaporizes after the water is heated with the heating coils. The solvent condenses to some degree on the tank walls and dissolves minute quantities of cargo contaminants, which can then be washed away with water with or without cleaning agents after the tank has been drained. The solvent quantity should be so low that explosive mixtures are prevented from forming in the tank.
- Until the remaining cargo can be completely vaporized, the final cleaning phase is usually rinsing with water. Some cargoes, such as methanol, ethanol, and glycols, can necessitate freshwater rinsing (chloride contamination risk). Stainless steel tanks must always be disinfected with fresh water. Tank pitting corrosion is a risk if this does not happen. Until filling, the tanks should be ventilated dry and any residual water should be wiped away with rags.
Many problems may occur during the Water Tank cleaning in Dubai due to the number of steps involved. As a result, it is critical to developing a detailed decommissioning plan for each site, as well as a contingency plan in case an issue arises.
Cleaning tanks is a good standard practice that is heavily supervised by local and federal agencies. Water Tank Cleaning in Dubai on a regular basis can be a costly and time-consuming process; however, tank cleanings are not only preventative maintenance but also insurance for both the site owner and the land surrounding the tanks.
About Cleaning and Disinfection Procedure
Cleaning Procedure of Tank Cleaning
Empty the Tank
Drain out the liquid from the tank by opening the outlet valve or tap. Collect the liquids so they can be disposed of safely. Tankers normally have outlet valves in the back and thus they can be parked on a path that helps to discharge all the liquids. Durable storage tanks usually have a washout valve that draws liquid from the base. Use the valve for emptying instead of the normal exit valve.
Scrub the internal surfaces of the tank
Mix a detergent and water solution to disinfect the tank’s internal surfaces. This can be done with a stiff brush or a high-pressure jet. Avoid accessing the tank if it previously contained volatile substances such as oil or organic liquids because the gases emitted by the liquids could be dangerous. By connecting the brush to a long pole, it might be possible to clean the tank without entering it. To ensure that no trace of the initial liquid remains, pay special attention to corners and joints. If even small amounts of certain liquids are present, people would refuse to drink water. While washing, keep the outlet valve open and catch the waste liquid to dispose of safely.
Wash all internal surfaces
To eliminate all traces of detergent, wash all internal surfaces. If you do not have access to a high-pressure hose pipe or water jet, the tank can be filled with water and left to stand for a few hours. Drain all of the water from the tank and collect it as before for safe disposal.
Continue flushing the tank until no signs of detergent are visible in the water.
Disinfecting Procedure of Tank Cleaning
- Fill the tank only up to 1⁄4 level to effectively disinfect. It is important not to overfill the tank in order to reduce the concentration and effectiveness of the chlorine solution cleaning. Use a stick with graduated markers to calculate the water level to estimate 1⁄4 of the tank. The markers should be placed at 10cm intervals on the stick, starting at 10cm at the bottom of the tank and working up to 10, 20, and so on.
- Create a chlorinated solution to clean the tank. High-test Granules or powder hypochlorite (HTH) are the strongest sources of chlorine since they generally contain between 50% and 70% chlorine.Put the solution slowly into the container, mix it and fill it up with clean water.
- To ensure that the tank is fully disinfected, leave the chlorine in the tank for 24 hours. It is recommended to close the tank if it has a cover. When a tank is urgently required for use, the amount of chlorine added to the tank is doubled. The duration from 24 to 8 hours will thus be reduced.
- Fully empty the tank and remove the disinfecting water thoroughly because it contains a high chlorine concentration.
- Any pipes or hoses attached to the tank should also be cleaned and disinfected. Take the same measures mentioned above.
Fill the tank with freshwater and set it aside for 30 minutes. Using a comparator, check for any residual chlorine in the tank.
A tank is safe to use when the residual chlorine level is 0.5mg/l or lower. If it is 0.5 mg/l higher, empty the tank again and refill with clean water. Re-test to check for 0.5mg/l or less of chlorine.
Type Of Water Tank & Cleaning Process
The water tanks described below are arranged in order of affordability to durability. The more you are willing to invest in your storage tank, the more dependable and long-lasting it will be, just like every other product.
Vertical Rainwater Tanks
Our range of round rainwater tanks is available in over 40 sizes, ranging from 50 liters to 90,000 liters, and are built for domestic and commercial applications. Rainwater can be collected and used whenever you like with our plastic water tanks. Rainwater tanks usually need a rainwater filter to filter the water until it enters the tank, which filters the leaves.
WRAS Potable Drinking Water Tanks
Our WRAS Potable Drinking Water Tanks are available in 51 sizes, ranging from 50 to 90.000 l. These potable water tanks or water storage vertical tanks consist of food-grade polyethylene and are furnished with a smooth interior design which makes them durable and easy to clean.
Insulated Water Tanks
The insulated water tanks are intended for use in areas of key temperature control and the prevention of liquid overheating or condensation. The black, insulated water tanks can be utilized in drinking water tanks and for processing water.
Underground Water Tanks
The underground water tanks are a robust non-straight-forward-free moulding of 800 l to 9500 liters of storage with smooth internal and external hygienic surfaces. A long-term solution for the saving of room for the conservation of harvested rainwater for irrigation, watering, and washing cars, our range of sustainable underground water tanks.
Horizontal Transport Water Tanks
These horizontal tanks are used for clean and dirty water transportation. Through the stick mounting system, the tanks are designed to mount straight to flat surfaces. The WRAS horizontal plastic tanks are designed to store drinking water and are therefore suitable for use in spraying tanks with a range of sprinkling Camlock fittings for your sprayer.
Baffled Water Tanks
Since the baffling is given by the baffles that pass through the tanks, baffled tanks are suitable for water transportation. During tank transportation, the baffles prevent water from sloshing from side to side. Tanks with baffles are suitable for car valets, window cleaners, and a number of other uses.
Slimline Water Tanks
Slimline Water Tanks range in flat, upright, or horizontal designs and are made of natural materials to enable the measurement of the water level in the tank. For areas where space is small, this WRAS approved drinking water tank can be used as rainwater harvesting tanks.
Hire Professional Water Tank Cleaners
You can contact Plus Point if you are planning to have a water tank cleaning in Dubai.
We have established ourselves as a renowned and leading maintenance company best known for providing quality water tank cleaning services, thanks to our years of experience in the industry. We have a team of trained and experienced cleaners who work hard to satisfy our clients.
You get the best out of it whether it’s a domestic or commercial water tank cleaning in Dubai. We do not believe that all of us have a single solution. Our water tank cleaners team consult the water tank thoroughly, take note of the issues and define them.
Plus Point offers cleaning services of all types in the UAE. With its approval by the Dubai Municipality, employees strictly adhere to procedures of health and safety, including confined working spaces, and where necessary work with full respiration devices.
We use safe and environmentally friendly professional methodologies. We use reliable solutions for cleaning impurities such as sand, toxicity, bacteria, tank viruses. In addition, our cleaning equipment is modern and up to date.
Don’t wait! Book a free inspection now.
Get affordable cleaning solutions from the best cleaning service provider in Dubai.