Cleaning your house or apartment can be a real drag. Who wants to spend their afternoon picking up dirty socks, books, and toys? Luckily, your house cleaning can actually be pretty fun if you know how to do it right. Try making it a game! Have a cleaning race or shoot hoops with your dirty laundry. Get yourself psyched up to clean by giving yourself rewards, and distract yourself with music or a movie.
- Playing a Game
- Motivating Yourself
- Distracting Yourself
Playing a Game
Make it a race : Set a timer and see if you can get your house or apartment sparkly clean before it goes off. Try to beat your time from last week, or clean your home at the same time as your sibling. The two of you can race against each other to see who finishes first. Ready, set, clean!
- Make sure you’re still cleaning your house or apartment well. Being speedy doesn’t mean doing a half-hearted job.
Shoot hoops with laundry and trash : Pick up all those candy wrappers and papers, and see if you can throw them into your trash can from across the house or apartment. You can shoot hoops with laundry into your laundry basket, too!
- Keep score of how many baskets you make. Try to beat your best score every time you clean the home. You’ll be a pro laundry baller in no time.
Make up a story to turn cleaning into an adventure : Get creative! Pretend you’re a maid cleaning a dirty mansion or a pirate searching for buried treasure in “islands” of dirty clothes.
- You can be poor Cinderella cleaning her wicked stepmother’s cobweb-filled chambers, or a spy on a mission to find a top secret document.
Roll the dice to pick a task : Make a checklist of the different tasks you need to do, like making your bed, throwing out trash, and putting away your clothes. Number the items and roll a die. Then, do the task that matches the number on the die. Who knows what task you’ll get next?
- For a checklist that has more than six items, roll a pair of die. If you get a number that you’ve already done or one that’s not on your list, roll again until you do.
Clean items one colour at a time. : For some colour coded fun, focus on picking up items of one colour at a time. For example, start by picking up blue things, then white things, and then black things
Skate over wooden floors to clean them : Imagine that your hardwood floor is an ice rink and your cleaning rag is a pair of skates. Take off your shoes, and skate around the house or apartment on your rag to wipe your floor clean.
- Make sure you pick up all your toys and clothes off the floor before you start skating!
Motivating Yourself while cleaning home
Give yourself a reward when you finish cleaning your house or apartment : Pick something good. It could be eating your favourite snack, reading a good book, or watching an episode of your favourite show in the glory of your freshly cleaned home
Break up cleaning into smaller tasks and reward yourself for each one : Different tasks might include making your bed, folding your clothes, picking up toys, and vacuuming your floor. Focus on conquering one task at a time, and give yourself a mini reward after each one.
- These mini rewards should be much smaller than your final reward. You might reward yourself with a short break, a few minutes on Instagram, or a cold glass of juice.
Check off tasks as you finish them : Using colourful markers, crayons, and stickers, make a list of the different things you need to do to get your home squeaky clean. When you finish an item, check it off! It’ll feel really good.
Take before and after photos : Snap a photo before you clean your house or apartment , and then take another one after it’s nice and tidy. Compare them. The difference might be crazy!
- You can even pretend you’re on a home makeover show.
Call a friend while you clean the home : Put them on speaker and chat away while you fold clothes or sweep. The time will go by much faster.
Put on your favorite show or movie : Use your TV or computer, and let it play in the background while you clean the house or apartment. Make sure you don’t get too distracted, though.
- If cleaning will only take about 30 minutes, pick a show episode. If it’s going be a longer clean, you might opt for a movie.
Turn on some music : A little music can turning a boring house or apartment cleaning session into a fun dance party. Pick songs that you can sing along to as you clean.
- Listening to an audiobook can be fun, too.
Make cleaning a workout : Sprint around your home, picking up items as fast as you can. Do jumping jacks, sit-ups, or push-ups between tasks. You’ll be so involved in your workout that you may not even notice you’re cleaning!
Conclusion : If you are in a very busy schedule you can hire staffs from a home cleaning company near by your area to keep your house clean. Now a days you will get Good and Cheap home cleaning services in your city. There are many easy ways to book a cleaning session with a House or Apartment Cleaning Services;
1. Click ‘BOOK ONLINE‘ in their website
2. Call or WhatsApp
3. Contact via email etc.